A Creativity Challenge
For anyone who has ever taken one of my classes, you have heard me say, “If you don’t like something, do more of it.” It is just one of my mottos. Doing more of the thing that is not working in your painting often fixes an awkward composition, an unwanted pattern, a line in the wrong place and many more trouble areas. It almost always works!
This motto also works if you are not happy with your creativity or your desire to create. If you want motivation to get better at drawing, mixing colors, thinking out of the box, composition, techniques, watercolor, colored pencil or ink just DO MORE OF IT!
In this class, I will demo a different creative idea or concept. It is designed to challenge you just enough to start your creativity but also easy to do so you will not be intimidated. You will be able to take it as far as you want to go with it! We will start working on it together and you will finish it on your own.
By the next Thursday, if you send me what you have done, I will post it on my Blog so you can see the many ways everyone was inspired to create their unique piece!
Two sessions to choose from:
Thursday 4:00 – 5:30 pm on Zoom
Thursday 7:00 – 8:30 pm on Zoom
$25 per class
Minimum supplies needed for each class. Here are the supplies and links to purchase from Plaza Art Supplies. They have next day curbside pick up for anyone local in NoVA. Be sure to use the supplies you already have first! I listed cheaper options as well as professional quality supplies as well. Your choice. All options will work for these challenges.
- Ink pen (black and white)
- Pencil (any pencil you have is fine)
- Paper (from your copier or printer and 140 lb watercolor)
if you want really good paper get a sheet of Arches 140 lb paper and you can cut or tear it to the size you want.
- Watercolors (3 tubes of red, blue and yellow is best or a kids set of 8 colors will work) If you want really good paint, get these brands: Winsor & Newton, Daniel Smith, Holbein
- Colored pencils (suggested colors but you can choose your own and more colors: red, blue, yellow, black, white)
- Paint brush (Simply Simmons #8 or #10 round)
- Palette (can be a paper plate or a plastic palette) or a good one is this one with a lid
- and some office supplies like glue and scissors
I will tell you before class what specific supplies you should have ready for each challenge.